FREE family-friendly event, open to the public, with activities, vendors, music, food, craft beer offerings and a pro beach volleyball tournament hosted by EVP Tour. Culminating with riverfront FIREWORKS on July 4th at 9 PM!
More information at www.rockettsredglare.com
- Monday, July 2nd: 3 PM - 9PM
- Restaurant RiVAlry (food/beverage/hotel service industry night) Watch teams compete in fun, obstacle course activities to find out who is the BEST in Richmond!
- Tuesday, July 3rd: 1PM - 9PM
- EVP Beach Volleyball Championships. Consider the Village Bank VIP Spectator Package for the perfect view, private area.
- RockZILLA Junior (under 18) Challenge presented by KMgolf @ 3 pm-5pm *FREE and prizes
- RockZILLA Challenge presented by KMgolf @ 5pm - 8pm *$5 & prizes
- Wednesday, July 4th: 8AM - 10PM
- Family friendly area (alcohol-free) with RockZilla and games.
- Consider the Village Bank VIP Spectator Package for the perfect view, private area.
- Virginia Lottery GAME ON Complex (alcohol controlled) opens 10 AM.
- The Boathouse Kid's Zone open 11 am
- Capital Trail Pinwheel Parade (all ages) $5 pinwheels available onsite 6pm
- EVP Beach Volleyball Championships all day with Men's and Women's Finals at 7:00 pm
FIREWORKS at 9PM!!!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Chairs & blankets
- Sunscreen and weather appropriate gear
- Light up stuff, Red, white and blue gear
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- No outside food or coolers. Food and beverage available from Strawberry Street Cafe, Papa John's Pizza, Kona Ice, Royal Creamery, Uncle Dave's Kettle Corn and The Boathouse.
- No pets/animals. We love them, we just need to keep this to the humans.
- No weapons of any kind. No fireworks or other traditional July 4th celebratory items. Help us keep it safe for everyone!
- FREE Handicap parking permits
- Limited parking permits
- Discount & package alcohol beverage tickets
- Village Bank VIP Spectator Package
- Private outdoor bathrooms
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING OPTIONS
Due to limited parking options in and around Rocketts Landing, we encourage event-goers to either use public transportation, carpool or use LYFT, our official rideshare partner — below are several options to consider:
- Lyft, our official rideshare partner will provide 25% off up to $6 on rides to and from Rockett's Landing between the 2nd and the 5th. It can be entered on the promo tab of the app or users can go here: https://www.lyft.com/invite/ROCKETTS25 and enter phone number to have the coupon dropped into account!
Drop off/pick up is Stone Brewery parking lot on Williamsburg Road.
- GRTC PULSE is a great option to attend our event! The line runs along Broad Street and Main Street starting at The Shops at Willow Lawn with final stops at Rocketts Landing. Service is every 15 minutes at the East Riverfront Pulse stations on E. Main St. above Rocketts Landing, and can carry up to 55 people at a time. The fare is $1.50 to ride the Pulse. Please allow extra time if you are traveling in groups, and note there may be some Pulse service impacts after the fireworks conclude.
- We encourage the use of parking decks in the Shockoe Bottom area and walk or ride bikes to Rocketts Landing.
- The Capital Trail will be open for easy access via bike or walking. We will have limited bike racks available onsite.
- A limited number of permit parking is available for purchase. Permit parking located on Orleans St. (between E. Main and Williamsburg) and Nicholson St.
- Limited public street parking (Williamsburg Road, Stony Run Road, 37th Street)
- Handicap parking will be available in the Stone Brewery parking lot on Nicholson St. Order a permit online to gain access and have your HANDICAP sticker visible on your front windshield.
JULY 4 STREET CLOSURES AND NO PARKING 12 PM - 10 PM
***GRTC Pulse/Emergency vehicles only will have access on closed streets
- East Main St. closed between Williamsburg Road and Orleans St.
- Old Main St. closed and NO PARKING.
- Orleans St. closed between Old Main St. and East Main St.
- Nicholson St. between Williamsburg Rd. and East Main St. - HANDICAP and PERMIT access only.
- NO PARKING on CSX property located on Orleans Sts and Goddin St. DO NOT park in the CSX lot on Goddin St.
- Access to Rocketts Landing neighborhood and businesses will be limited.
We need volunteers! As a volunteer, get special parking and stay to enjoy the event after your shift! Please visit this link to pick a day & time slot and register as an ofﬁcial volunteer. Volunteers will receive special parking, volunteer t-shirt, light food, two (2) beverage tickets and plenty of water!